Video highlights from our panel discussion with Sir Michael Marmot, Baroness Brown, Professor Carol Propper, George Ferguson CBE, and Dr Ewan McGaughey on how we move from a war-footing to improving public wellbeing.
Doctors and nurses are held to a very strict code of honesty and transparency. Should our politicians be subject to the same standards?
- Sir Michael Marmot on how we could revolutionise politics overnight with a new cultural standard in politics.
- Dr Ewan McGaughey on how we can make politicians act honestly.
- Dr Carol Propper on the problems of lobbying
- George Ferguson CBE on why he is hopeful positive change can come despite the Covid-19.
What have we learned from this crisis and how do we avoid returning to business as usual? How will the government afford to make investments in dealing with climate breakdown?
- Baroness Brown on the policies that need to be at the centre of the recovery
- Sir Michael Marmot on why improving health and tackling climate breakdown go hand in hand
- Dr Ewan McGaughey on the changes we have to make to our financial system
- George Ferguson CBE on how we can implement a revolution in food production
How should we be measuring economic “progress”?
- Baroness Brown on the need to embed the principle of fairness in the economy
- Sir Michael Marmot on why we should measure health, not GDP as a marker of success
- Dr Ewan McGaughey on alternatives to GDP
Can we keep in touch?
Do you like this page?