Tell those on the Bibby Stockholm: I care
A few reminders
- The Bibby Stockholm is being used to house only male adults seeking asylum.
- They won’t have the opportunity to write back.
- We can't share this action widely (i.e on social media).
And some tips for what you might include:
- Tell them why you’ve chosen to write.
- It would be great to remind the reader that you care and wish for them to be treated differently.
- If you’ve signed a petition or taken some kind of action against the barge, do mention that - it can offer a bit of hope.
- If you have any experience with the asylum system yourself (in any form) or with any of the countries and regions we know people on the barge are from (primarily the continent of Africa and the Middle East but especially Eritrea, Nigeria, Sudan, Iran, Afghanistan, and Iraq) and you feel comfortable mentioning it, please do - it can create a useful point of connection.
- It is fine to wish them a Happy Christmas (we’ve checked this).
- Wish them luck in their asylum claim.