Building Back Fairer
This conference is inspired by Prof Michael Marmot's report, Build Back Fairer, which documented the appalling levels of financial and health inequality that exist in modern Britain and which help to explain why the Covid-19 death toll was so high overall and why certain communities - especially BAME groups and communities in the North-West and North-East - were so badly affected by the disease.
Michael Marmot's report makes a huge number of recommendations for building a fairer, more equal, and prosperous society. This conference will discuss those ideas and others and begin to identify how exactly they can be campaigned for and implemented.
We will be joined by:
- Prof Michael Marmot
- Dr Rachel Clarke, NHS palliative care doctor and author
- David Lammy, MP for Tottenham
- Jennifer Nadel, Co-Director of Compassion in Politics
- Neal Lawson, Director of Compass
- Prof Dawn Edge
- Sunder Katwala, Director of British Future
- Debbie Abrahams, MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth
- Polly Neate CBE, CEO of Shelter
- Kirsty McNeill, Executive Director of Policy, Advocacy, and Campaigns, Save the Children
- Caroline Lucas, MP for Brighton Pavilion
- Prof Kate Pickett, Professor of Epidemiology at the University of York and author of the Spirit Level
- Miatta Fahnbulleh, Chief Executive of the New Economics Foundation
- Christian Wakeford, MP for Bury South.
June 10, 2021 at 2pm - 4pm